PRINTS CHARMING: FLORAL DAY
Mark your calendars, folks! This February 28 is officially Floral Day, and we plan to celebrate in style. Want to get on top of this trend now, before it’s in full bloom? Do it with carefully chosen accessories, like charming iPhone cases or adorable prints on tennis shoes. After trudging through inclement weather all season, a delicate floral scarf will feel reassuringly feminine – pair with a knit pullover for effortless style. Laser cut wallets and purses are ideal transitional pieces: easy to wear with darker palettes now, faultless with lighter palettes later. And if you’re ready to let your inner gentlewoman blossom, try an embellished necklace. The perfect statement when that statement is: everything’s coming up roses!
Meanwhile, here are the world’s five best spots to get your flower on:
1) The Chelsea Flower Show in London is perhaps the best known in the world.
2) The largest indoor flower show in the world takes place at the Philadelphia Flower Show.
3) A favourite in the Pacific Northwest, the Flower and Garden Show in Seattle is nothing to sneeze at.
4) The Melbourne International Flower & Garden show is held on a UNESCO world heritage site.
5) More than 20 countries from around the world exhibit at the Hong Kong Flower Expo.
SHOP THE LOOKS